Care Guide & Fabric
Komfi fabric is made of tightly-woven polyester. It is stain repellent & moisture resistant. The cushion covers are removable and machine-washable on a delicate cycle with a mild, bleach-free detergent. They should be air-dried. If something happens to the covers and a stain does not go away, an extra set can be provided. For accessories, gently hand-wash if needed. Available in White and Light Grey.
Getting tired of your white sectional? Order grey slipcovers also! Kömfi sectional are wrapped completely in, easy to remove velcro, slipcovers. To order additional covers, due to damage or to swap colors, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
Read our following Care Guide carefully, so that you can enjoy your Komfi Modular Sectional and accessories for years to come.
- We recommend vacuuming fabric regularly using the upholstery attachment and crevice tool of your vacuum. Not only will this keep the fabric clean, but it will make it last longer because dust and dirt cause quicker wear.
- If applicable, regularly flip and rotate seat cushions and back pillows to distribute wear and increase the lifetime of your sectional.
- You can machine wash the removable covers on delicate setting but avoid using any harmful detergents. Air dry is recommended.
- We recommend getting fabric cleaned by a professional upholstery cleaning service periodically.
- Fluff feather and down cushions frequently to keep a nice and full appearance. As with down pillows and comforters, some feather loss is normal. To prevent feathers from poking through the fabric, unzip the cushion cover and vacuum in between the cover and cushion using an upholstery attachment.
- Some attached cushions may stretch and/or wrinkle over time with use. Recover their appearance by smoothing the fabric down and tucking it into the sides or back of the seat.
- Additional covers are available! Just reach out to email@example.com
Keep sharp objects and Velcro away from fabrics on your furniture as they may cause pulling or tearing.
Spills and Spot Cleaning
- If a spill occurs, immediately blot the fabric with a clean, absorbent towel. Blot from the outside to the middle of the affected area to avoid moisture rings.
- For best results, we recommend having any stains professionally cleaned by an upholstery cleaning service.
- Machine wash covers on delicate setting.
- We do not recommend using any strong chemicals or detergents to clean the fabric, however, if you decide to spot clean on your own, we recommend testing any cleaning agents on a small inconspicuous area of the fabric first.
- Pilling does not necessarily mean excessive wear or a poorer quality fabric. Pilling simply happens as a result of natural friction on a fabric surface, causing the fabric’s fibres to loosen and tangle.
- Fibre transfer is often mistaken for pilling but occurs when excess fibre from other garments or textiles, such as from a blanket, shed and get tangled with the fabric of your furniture.
- The best way to combat pilling is by regularly shaving the fabric with a furniture or sweater shaver to remove the pilling and restore the look. Over time, pilling will decline and eventually stop completely.